This week has been a busy one, with a bunch of small features and lots of bug fixes and tweaks being added. While there are too many to mention here, they include but are not limited to:
- colours for active room list now cycle, and aren’t random
- Permanent rooms (created by registering) are now always on the room list, regardless of there being users in it or now. Room list is still sorted by total users, however.
- Fixed a major bug when joining rooms not actually saving you being in the room.
- Added a text box and a button to copy the link to the room to make sharing easier.
- Link added to to the cam and userlist dropdown menus to open a user’s profile page if they’re registered.
- Lots more little fixes and tweaks
I’ve also one and made a new twitter account at @jumpinchat, which is where more frequent updates will be posted. So go and follow for info on what I’m doing on a day-to-day basis.
Next priorities will be around adding better testing throughout, which shouldn’t have any noticeable effects but will hopefully make everything a lot more robust and less likely to break. There’s also a few tricky bugs that I’m hoping to weed out with this.
After testing, the focus will be on improving broadcasting. Specifically it will focus around being able to select a video and audio source (if any) when you broadcast. Currently this is entirely controlled by the browser, with little intuitive user control, so I’m hoping to make this a bit easier and improve use where there are multiple video sources.
As always, testing still needs to be done so create a chatroom and invite some folks and talk and stuff.